Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wood You BE MINE?

As I was putting away my Christmas stuff this year, I realized I have very little valentines decorations. So... I made one. It stands 7" x 3". I cut the heart out of the middle using a drill then my new scroll saw.

I am a cheap lady (insert cute little comment here). I found a way to give the distress look to wood without buying all the stuff from your "favorite" home improvement store. I used the acrylic paint and a little water. It dilutes the paint and I used my finger to spread it over the wood. It got a little dark in spots so I used some fine sand paper and wolla!

6 comments:

  1. so cute! I love the photography too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the tip too. Amelia heard the music and came over to dance next to the computer. Score you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and simple--I need more Valentine's Day decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got your christmas put away I thought I would just put hearts on it for Valentines and shamrocks for st pattys day, stars for 4th of july and then pumpkins for halloween what do you think! Well maybe your idea is a little cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some really cute stuff! Thanks for linking up to "The STARS are all YOU!"

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete