Monday, July 25, 2011

A Wonderful Piano Teacher!

I have a great deal of respect for anyone with music abilities. I don't have these talents. Not EVEN close. I have had someone during ward choir practice move, plug their ear, and ask politely "who is the one off-key?" Ahhh, that would be ME! Needless to say, I stopped torturing them with my desire to be like them. I have a deep appreciation for those angels who can sing and play beautiful music.I am very grateful to Mr. Sean Southworth for teaching my children (2 of the 3) piano lessons. Sean has been angel in dealing with Ethan's autism. Sean works for the School for the Blind (and is often asked if he can sign... seriously people?) and so he is familiar with special needs kiddos. Sean has is the perfect choice and heaven-sent allowing Ethan to excel and Anna to be her over-excited self. I am very thankful for Sean and for the work and dedication he has spent with both of my children. Thanks Sean!!!We had a piano recital earlier this month... okay... seriously... it lasted 8.2 minutes (including intros!) It was AWESOME! So... today... I dedicate my work to the ever-talented piano teacher!

5 comments:

  1. It turned out great!! As the wife of said piano teacher it is nice to hear he is so appreciated while my Ethan and I are missing him. :) We're grateful for all the hard work he does for our family. Thank you for making this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tribute. Both my children took piano lessons when they were younger. My son is hearing impaired, and the teacher I found from a random ad was also a teacher for the hearing-impaired. (Did God have a hand in that?)
    Anyway, I had to laugh at the comment about signing. People are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute! I hope you will stop by and share this project at my HomeMade Monday blog party at HomeSavvyAtoZ.com next week! PS.... I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that You found someone,that could teach Your Son with his special needs!
    geauxtami@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete