Monday, September 12, 2011

Splish Splash Welcome to a Birthday Bash!

This entire summer my son has asked for a pool party for his 8th birthday. I think I had a little too much fun with the decorations and the puns! The sign was made from a cabinet door, spray painted... then vinyl :)The food was a hoot to put together. I had a blast coming up with all the different names of things...
Blue jello with swedish fish in the bottom made cute kiddo pools.And of course, what is a pool party with out pool water?I used yellow salt water taffy. Microwaved it (thank you Michelle) for 4 seconds and shaped it into shark fins!With all this preparation... I couldn't very well have the giveaways be lame. So... instead of giveaways, I purchased a white towel and embroidered each boys name on them. The boys thought it was the coolest thing EVER! One kid asked me if he could keep his towel. I told him that I didn't want a towel with his name on it. He just looked at me funny and got back in the pool!This is what the towels look like when the pool is full with kids! I think this is my favorite pictures... well... besides the one with all the boys in their swimming trunks!
Happy Birthday ETHAN! What a good group of kids!

1 comment: